douglas & hope

this is the official blog of douglas & hope
douglas & hope was established in 1999

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

World Wide Knit in public Day

As part of 'World Wide knit in public day' I have joined in with a knitting group at the Castlemaine Library. Head librarian Robyn is organising a 'craft bombing' of the library. So I went along with a friend and crashed the council knitting group, this group consists of older ladies 70-80yrs old. It has been the most wonderful experience, sitting around with these women, they are seriously incredible knitters and crafts women. I feel like a complete beginner beside them.
Wilma is a prolific knitter and crocheter, Doreen is known to knit in her sleep? and each week I thoroughly enjoy their conversation and passing on of knowledge.
For the craft bombing my friend Ashley and I are bombing a bike and bike rack. I will post images of us bombing next week.




No comments: