douglas & hope

this is the official blog of douglas & hope
douglas & hope was established in 1999

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cookies

I grew up baking with my nana every Saturday,

we would only bake biscuits and cakes, she even bought one of those donut makers that drop out the batter with the hole in the middle, and I just thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Since I had my twins last year and have been home more,

I have embraced the baking again, here is a great recipe, purely because it only has 75gms of butter and most choc chip recipes have 225gms of butter,

you gotta love that!



Chocolate and cranberry biscuits

75g butter
50g soft brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1 egg
few drops vanilla
160g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
110 g chocolate roughly chopped(or chips)
50g dried cranberries

mix butter sugar, add egg and vanilla,
sift in flour and baking powder,
stir in chocolate and cranberries,

line trays with baking paper, roll teaspoon balls of mixture,
bake 180 degrees 12-15 mins

I use white chocolate,

This recipe is from the gorgeous
Apples for Jam cookbook, by Tessa Kiros,

and she got it from an American friend.



Enjoy....

No comments: